For some reason domain clients stopped getting correct time from Domain controller. Clients were taking time from Local CMOS. This can be fixed by the following steps. Run the following commands as administrator.
- On DC check last sync time: w32tm /query /status
- step 1 on DC: w32tm /config /manualpeerlist:time.windows.com /syncfromflags:manual /reliable:yes /update
- step 2 on DC: net stop w32time && net start w32time
- step 3 on client: w32tm /config /syncfromflags:domhier /update
- step 4 on client: net stop w32time && net start w32time
This solution is derived from the following post i found in stackexchange
I went thru all the above on my domain joined Windows 10 machine trying to get it to resync. What fixed this for me was I first ran DCDIAG on my domain controller and saw the error that said this server is not advertising as a time server. So then I ran w32tm /query /status on my DC. Which returned an answer of vmnic something. My DC was using the time integration services from the Hyper-V host. I went to the Hyper V Manager and went to the setting on my DC and removed the check box from time integration services. Then I reset my DC to use an external time source: w32tm /config /manualpeerlist:time2.google.com /syncfromflags:manual /reliable:yes /update Then run: net stop w32time and net start w32time Now when I went back to my Windows 10 clients I could run: w32tm /config /syncfromflags:domhier /update and net stop w32time and then net start w32time That fixed the time sync immediately. After about 15 minutes the rest of my domain joined PC’s had also updated to the correct time. Hope this helps you! (by: steve s)